Amada and I will try to post updates and pictures of our precious little boy!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lost in Translation

I just want to let everyone know what I am saying on the videos when I'm talking to Miguelito :)

I am trying really hard to only speak to him in Spanish so that he will be able to be bilingual. In my culture, when we speak to babies, we call them "mamas" (baby girls) and "papas" (baby boys) as terms of endearment for some reason. I don't really know why but that's what I know and what I always heard and so now I do it and it just comes out naturally.

So when you hear "papa", "papito", "papitos", or "papis", I am not saying "puppies" or "puppy dog" like it may sound if you're not used to hearing those particular words in Spanish.

If you have any questions on any other terms or words I say that you want clarified just post a comment on the blog or e-mail me and I'll be happy to translate.

No comments:

Post a Comment